Saturday, November 28, 2009

Family Update

I haven't blogged forever, so I'll do a quick family update.

Curt: Started a new job at PE Systems. He loves it, and it doesn't hurt that they share a building with his favorite restaurant, Luigi's. The company helps businesses save money on their credit card processing fees. I am proud of him for branching out and using public transportation a few days a week. He drives to Liberty Lake and takes the express bus right to the main terminal which is only a few blocks from his office. Being downtown, he can walk to the bank, etc. on his lunch break. He is a good example to me, and I need to be better about walking to work!

Debi: Busy with Family, PTA Treasurer duties, and school. I have enjoyed substitute teaching in the afternoons when I'm needed. I've been in Caden's class a couple of times, and several times in PM Kindergarten. It is so fun to have my students from last year and see how much they have grown!

Curtis IV: Hurt his neck playing football this year, and had to be out for the last two games. Thankfully, the CAT scan came back normal, and he is fine. He did miss out on the wrestling season though. His school tied the world record for the most consecutive matches won. He is pretty disappointed that he wasn't able to be on that team. He is officially taller than me, and can wear his dad's shoes. We had fun Black Friday shopping, starting at midnight in the pouring rain.

Casey: Ran for Vice President this year, conquered his fear, and gave an excellent speech in front of the whole school. His friend Bryce won the election, and Casey got to keep his spot as a student council representative for his classroom. He is also a "Care Kid." He volunteers his time during recess to help younger students either on the playground or in the classroom. He also spends time before school helping out in the preschool classroom. All of the kids love Casey, and he is a very good teacher and helper. He ran his first 5k last weekend and really enjoyed it.

Caden: Reading like a maniac! He is so excited about school this year and the fact that he can read books. His teacher is WONDERFUL! She uses so many great techniques for reading and he has just soared. Caden loves to cook, swim, play video games, and play with friends. He joined cub scouts this year, and enjoys being a Tiger Cub. It was his turn last week to wear his uniform to school in the mornings and raise the flag (with an older scout). He has been asking to be a scout ever since he could talk. I guess that's what happens when you have 2 older brothers!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Brenay Family said...

Thanks for the update. I was so sad to miss Black Friday shopping this year, but we had a good time in Young. Love you guys!